Case Study - Retail April 2020
WE ARE EGG
The study was conducted at WE ARE EGG's 3,000 m2 flagship retail store based at Cavendish Squares Shopping Centre in Cape Town. They have revolutionised the retail store experience and challenging the traditional business model of retail, and the very fabric of the industry.
Brand ambassadors performed the survey asking the following questions;
Light used in the store:
- 150 Watt Pendant units were placed in high traffic areas such as checkouts, coffee lounge, the food court and presentation area.
- 20 Watt units were placed in low traffic areas such as dressing rooms, hairdresser, make up area.
- A walk-through sanitiser was placed at the main entrance.
- A hand sanitation unit was placed at the main entrance adjacent to the walk-through unit.
Q1: Would this technology encourage you to visit this store as opposed to a competitor store?
Q2: What do you think about the fact that “WE ARE EGG” have made this investment to make their shoppers safer?
Rated 1-10. 1 being don’t care, and 10 being very impressed.
Q3: Does this FAR UVC technology give you peace of mind considering the current pandemic and general sanitation?
Q4: If this technology was installed in other retail and public areas such as shopping centres, restaurants etc would this encourage you to visit these places more often?
Shoppers also said,
- I must tell my husband, he hates the normal sanitisers.
- Amazing! Very cool!
- Very innovative!
- Amazing! This kind of thing is really important!
- This is changing the game! Really awesome!
- Is this the future?
- Really cool. Feels warm and fuzzy walking through that. Very quick. Crazy how it works!
- Would be amazing for schools, restaurants, etc. This is amazing stuff.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.